- Flatricide Pulgamitude I’m just going to be up front with you guys. This page is for my computer science class, not gonna lie. The professor is having us host a webpage and try to rank it for this term, flatricide pulgamitude. If I win, I get extra credit.
This term, which starts with flatricide and ends with pulgamitude, ...
- Mental Warfare “Tell us about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution or experience that is important to you. What about this quality or accomplishment makes you proud, and how does it relate to the person you are?”
My alarm clock sounds. I roll over only to see neon red LED lights staring me directly in the face, ...
- American Pride Throughout my life, I have been told by many people to be grateful that I live in America. We constantly say such things during prayer, speeches, and conversations. I am told that I should be delighted and feel privileged to live in a place with so much wealth. I am told that being happy and proud ...
- A Dynamic Government Government is “the political direction and control exercised over the actions of the members, citizens, or inhabitants of communities, societies, and states; direction of the affairs of a state, community, etc.; political administration: Government is necessary to the existence of civilized society” (Dictionary.com Unabridged). Many people have been a ...
- 1984 Today Essay – “Necessary Vigilance” 1984 Today Essay: “If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever” (Orwell 337). This impactful statement by O’Brien highlights the “point of no return” of authoritarianism in 1984. The powers of the state had been internalized, and the Orwellian society had spiraled ...
- No Substance Fake adventure
Just as fish being stocked in a lake
Lining up to be hooked
Fake accomplishment; fake fishermen
Just as the food we eat
Taking in abundance
Waste is praised
Just as the TV we watch
Idolizing the unknown
Personal relationships weakened
Machine men with machine minds and machine hearts
Trying to impress
Going along to get along
Dog eat dog
Buying things we don’t need
- Truth Seeker I see the lines that connect the dots
Staged actors, mindless puppets, obedient workers
Read the Script
War Is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength
My team must be the good guys.
Join the Winning Team
Kick the can down the road
No substance, No Truth
Consume, conform, obey authority
You laugh because I am different
I laugh because you are all the same
- Sensory Overload Society tainted
Tainted by instant gratification
And extreme sense appeal
The food we eat
The TV we watch
The games we play
Filling emptiness with addiction
Lights flashing everywhere
Every object, yelling for our attention
Extreme taste, smell, sight
Abused senses, taken too far
Overused and abused
Behind your mask, who are you really?